What is moringa?
- Moringa is a leafy green tree also known as “the miracle tree” that is packed with vitamins, amino acids, and antioxidants. Moringa is a fast-growing and leafy plant that thrives in hot, arid climates and is used around the world.
What does moringa taste like?
- Moringa powder has a deep earthy flavor, similar to that of matcha. This flavor pairs well with fruity smoothies, or savory dishes like curries, sauces, and stir-fries.
Where can I buy Kuli Kuli products?
We sell our products in over 11,000 retail stores across the United States. We ship throughout the United States and also sell our products online at kulikulifoods.com, Amazon, Thrive Market, etc.. Check out our store locator for more!
Why are you called Kuli Kuli?
- Kuli-kuli is a peanut snack popular in West Africa. Nigerien women showed our founder Lisa Curtis how to make a delicious and naturally energizing snack with kuli-kuli and moringa leaves. On their request, Lisa founded Kuli Kuli to partner with them, and other women farmers like them, to sell their high-quality moringa in the form of highly nutritious snacks and powders in the US. Kuli Kuli's first product was a variation of the kuli-kuli snack, though our product line has changed over time to best meet US customer demands.
What is your refund policy?
If you’re looking to return or refund your order for whatever reason, we're here to help! We offer automatic refunds within 30 days of purchase. Please reach out to our customer service team to request a refund to the original payment method. For more info, click here.
How fast will my order ship?
- Orders placed before 2:00 pm PST should be received within 3-7 business days. Orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays, or public holidays are handled on the Monday or the first working day after. (Working days exclude Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays). For more info, click here.
Are your products gluten-free?
- All of our products are gluten-free.
Are your products certified organic?
- All of our products are Certified Organic with the exception of our Moringa Energy Bars.
Are your products vegan?
- All of our products are vegan with the exception of our Honey Chamomile Green Tea Energy shot, which has honey in it. Our smoothie mixes, bars, moringa powders, and all our other moringa products are vegan.
Are there heavy metals in your moringa?
- There are no heavy metals in our moringa. Because moringa trees are bioaccumulators, meaning that they absorb soil contents like through their roots, it is important to purchase high-quality and organic moringa. We test our moringa for heavy metals to make sure none of our products are above .5 PPM.
What does your Certificate of Analysis look like?
- All of our moringa products are inspected for microbiological inspection and heavy metals. Our quality assurance requires that our moringa is tested at least four times before meeting the shelves.
Why is my moringa brown?
- Moringa is an agricultural product, so there is some variation in color and texture depending on the weather, time of year harvested, and how much water is used to grow the trees. The nutritional value remains the same!
Does baking or cooking reduce the nutrient content of moringa?
- As with most foods, heating moringa powder can reduce some of the vitamins. Luckily, moringa is so nutrient-rich that heating it will still provide you with nutritional benefits. For best results, you can also stir additional moringa into your foods after they have been cooked.
How much moringa should I eat?
For most adults, 2-10 grams of moringa each day is a great place to start. We recommended starting out with 1 tsp, and increasing up to 1 tbsp of our pure moringa powder per day if desired.
How do I use moringa powder?
- Moringa powder is really versatile! Try adding 1-3 teaspoons to any smoothie recipe, savory sauce, vegetable stir-fry, or casserole dish. To maximize nutritional value, add moringa towards the end of a baked or stove-top dish.
What are the health benefits of moringa?
Moringa is a nutritional powerhouse. A side-by-side comparison shows that moringa has 2x as much protein as yogurt, 4x the Vitamin A of carrots, 3x the potassium of bananas, and 6x as much iron as kale. Even though moringa is caffeine-free, many people also describe a feeling of sustained energy from adding moringa to their daily diet.
Are there any side effects I may experience while consuming moringa powder?
- Moringa powder comes from leaves of the moringa tree. It has been used to detox the body in ayurvedic medicine and is high in fiber. Because of this, it’s important to start with only 1 teaspoon of moringa powder added to your dish or smoothie, and see how your body responds. We recommend 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon of moringa each day.
Can I take moringa while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Moringa is used by new mothers for breastfeeding because it increases the quality and nutritional quantity of breast milk. In earlier stages of pregnancy, we recommend consulting your physician.